Play Tutorial Video
Welcome to this Workforce3One.org Community of Practice Tutorial. This tutorial will take you step-by-step through the fundamentals of Subscribing to Site Updates via RSS Feeds or E-Mail Alerts ("E-Lerts") on a Community of Practice. Let's Begin!
- Login to your Community of Practice (See "How to Login to a Community of Practice").
- Click on the "Subscribe" icon in the upper-right toolbar
- On the "Subscribe" page, you can read about the many choices you have to receive automatic updates when new content is posted on your Community.
- Choose which type of update you'd like to receive: RSS Feed, or E-mail notifications ("E-Lerts"):
- E-Mail Notifications ("E-Lerts"):
- In order to receive E-mail notifications, click on the activity stream you want to subscribe to: Community Digest (includes all postings), New Resources, New Events, New Blog Posts, or New Discussions. To subscribe to all of them, choose Community Digest.
- You are now signed up for the CoP's E-lerts. All updates to the CoP will come right to the email inbox of the email address you use for your Workforce3One account.
- To unsubscribe, repeat this process and choose the "unsubscribe" button that appears when you click on the activity stream.
- RSS Feed:
- In order to receive RSS Feeds, click on the RSS activity stream you want to subscribe to: Blog Headlines, Documents, or Discussions. You can subscribe to all three if you'd like, but you'll have to repeat this process 3 times.
- A page titled AddThis.com will appear. Select the RSS reader you use from the list provided. If you want to use the RSS reader that is built-in to Microsoft Outlook (it's a folder in the "folders" window on the left side of your Outlook window), click "View Xml."
- If you don't currently have an RSS Reader, click on any reader to learn more about it and set it up if you choose.
- After you have successfully signed up for a Reader, click the "Subscribe" button to import the CoP's RSS feed to your RSS Reader.
- You are now signed up for the CoP's RSS feed. You can view all updates to the CoP by going to your RSS Reader, or by going to your RSS folder in Microsoft Outlook.
- To unsubscribe, go into your RSS reader and simply delete the feed.